Monday, January 23, 2012

Which Brand of Computer Should I Buy, DELL, HP, Compaq, Toshiba?

Lately I've been getting all kinds of questions on which computers/laptop brands are better and more reliable.  Unless you are a business, you mostly need your computer for email, internet browsing, pictures and video storage and to edit or create documents.  Based on my experience with repairing, using and supporting computers for the last several years, I've noticed that (in my opinion), HP and Compaq computers and laptops are the worst of the worst.  I would never buy one, I would never rely on one or even use one if I have a choice, and I do.  Toshiba and Dell seem to be 2 of the best.  Toshiba laptops are well made and they are durable, they usually have everything you need and then some; DELL computers and laptops are also strong and all the capabilities most of us use are embedded in the system, hardware and software wise.  HP and Compaq both have known issues with the cooling system, CPU (main microprocessor) and GPU (graphic processing unit or video chip).  The poor design and inferior heat sinks make these 2 brands, which merged a while back, the worst in the market.  I talk to a lot of my techie friends and they all agree they would never own one of those computers, they look cool and all but they're worthless.

Some say APPLE laptops or computers are better but, they are very expensive.  Sure, they don't have a registry therefore, they have far less issues getting infected with viruses but in the long run, people that tend to purchase these cool systems usually get back to the basics and cannot get away from the Windows based computers.  Software compatibility and price make it almost impossible to compete against a cheap, well built system that will do everything an apple does and more.

My opinion and my opinion only, based on experience, is what moves me, I'm not motivated by greed or monetary compensation from anyone.  Weather or not you want to believe me, is up to you.  All I want is to answer some of the questions my customers have for me on a daily basis and, if they help you save money in the long run, then great.  If not, well, it's OK too.

I own Geeks & Clicks and you can find us in Phoenix, Arizona near the Biltmore area at 2335 E. Indian School Rd. and our phone number is 602-722-7201.  Feel free to send me an email by clicking HERE.

Until next time friends.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to go with HP because it is best to choose. I completely agree with your all writing. Keep sharing. Computer Repairs Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I will keep adding tips on how to help make the right choices and maintenance tips to the average person. Being the person that helps customers with computer issues I see all major known issues with specific brands and these entries have helped a lot of my own customers keeping their computers running longer. Again, keep laptops and desktops running efficiently and longer... just like an apple a day does to humans, a can of compressed air goes a long way and (for a computer)keeps the tech away!!!

      Santos
      Geeks And Clicks

      Delete
    2. Dropped my Toshiba laptop off at the Indian Scool location today. It has a virus. Couldn't find too many testimonials about the place. My friend noticed the ad outside, so thought I'd give it a try.

      Facebook is great for free advertisement and testimonials. I think you should use it more. I know a lot of people who would love to find a good computer shop and they use Facebook to try and find things. I do. If my friend hadn't seen your sign, I would have used someone else because I wouldn't have known about you.

      Delete